Monday, May 19, 2008

BIG SCARE!

This morning I was at work, working and stuff…like I do all the time at work. Anyway I went to move some boxes that required the dolly to move them. While moving the boxes from point A to point B I put my left hand in my pocket and realized that my ring caught (it’s never done that) so I made a mental note to go have my ring looked at and make sure the prongs are sitting fine. Well I looked down at that same moment of thought and saw that my diamond was MISSING! I sent out an Amber Alert telling everyone in my office that my diamond was missing. The office staff all helped me look and retrace my steps of the day, but alas we could not find it and had to give up our immediate search. I personally started praying that I would find the diamond, and then I called and told Stewart. We were both glad to remember that we bought insurance and have had regular 6 month check-ups. But still who wants a replacement for the original diamond.... I guess something is better then nothing. Anyway,after an hour I figured that all would be well and decided that I was going to check one more office and then if I could not find it there I was going to stop looking and leave it in the Lords hands, I just felt that it would all work out. So while in that room I was talking with a co-worker and rehearsing my morning’s agenda when I looked down and there by her desk was my Diamond! I know that there was no way that I could have found it without the Hand of God reaching out and placing it there for me to find. I am so grateful that he heard my quiet petitioning, and answered my prayers. I know that God loves me and this simple act of kindness only reassures that truth. Thank you to everyone in my office for helping me search for my diamond, your friendship is priceless.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Wow Becky that same thing happened to me in November. My whole entire diamond and prongs/crown fell off. So it looked like an earing when I found it! Mitch says hi and that he hopes you are doing good!