This year we were blessed not only
to have Stewart home with us on Christmas Day (unlike the last two years where
he has had to work on Christmas Eve and Day) but we also got to spend Christmas
with Stewart’s sisters Camille and Tasia along with Camille’s husband Juan and
their kids, Blaz, Sam and Nick. They Traveled to Mexico the week before and
said if the weather was good they would come home though Colorado and stop by
Cheyenne to spend the Holiday with us. Needless to say I prayed a lot that the
weather would be amazing for their travels… and we could not have asked for
better driving conditions for them!
Everyone arrived late afternoon on
Christmas Eve. Sophie was super excited to see her cousins and everyone else
was excited to get out of the car for a few days. I should say Stewart and I
were also excited to see everyone especially Tasia whom we had not seen in at
least 3 years. After we helped them unpack and get settled, we all had dinner
and then later that night we played a crazy suranne wrap gift ball game (I
don’t know what else to call it) and had an epic dance party. It was the
perfect way to tire our kids before we sent them off to bed so Santa could
come.
On Christmas morning, we let the
kids wake up at their own speed inviting them to come out and see what Santa
had brought them and letting them play with their Santa gifts while everyone
was still waking up for the day. After breakfast we all opened our gifts under
the tree and then spent the rest of the day playing with our new treasures.
This year Santa brought Sophie a Doc. McStuffin’s kit and a Dr. Coat. I
probably should not have to say this but I will anyway just in case you were wondering
we all received a lot of checkups that day :) Santa also brought us the game
Pie Face. The Pardo boys got some cool Star Wars gear and Sam got a stuffed
penguin that he named Cuteness Heartness. I suppose the best gift we got that day besides
the reminder of an Eternal Savior having been born to save the world, would be
being together with family it was priceless.
| Love Sophie's face in this family selfie |
In the afternoon while things were
calm Stewart, Juan and Tasia went to go watch the movie Star Wars, while
Camille and I stayed home with the boys and Sophie. When they got home from the
movie we had a nice sit down meal together and learned all about the movie.
After dinner we played a game of Pie Face and had another dance party before
the kids went to bed. Then we adults played a round of B.S. where we all
learned that Camille is REALLY good at lying because she kept winning and
Stewart is really bad at lying and calling peoples bluffs because he ended up
with at least one half of the deck each game.
The rest of us were just so so at the game, I guess that is not a bad
thing… right?
The Day after Christmas was spent
with a trip to the Laramie County Library and shopping for those who wanted to
venture out to the shopping areas. Tasia
woke up not feeling great that day so she spent most of the day at home.
Stewart and I took Blaz, Sam and Sophie to the library while Juan, Camille and
Nick went shopping (crazy people). Later that afternoon while kids were napping
Stewart and Tasia ventured out to a local trendy Coffee shop to reacquaint themselves.
I think they had a great visit… they never said otherwise. By the end of the
day we were all tired so we all went to bed early with no complaints from
anyone. We did manage to take a group picture before we all hid the hay.
On Sunday Morning the Pardos and
Tasia got back into the van and headed off on the last leg of their Christmas
break adventure. And us North’s got ourselves ready and went to church, thus
ending our fun Christmas Holiday with family.
| Getting ready to leave for home |
No comments:
Post a Comment