Monday, February 8, 2010

Our Weekly Highlights

This past week the dentist I am working for went on maternity leave, she had a baby boy Wednesday (Feb 3rd) morning. So while she has been out, I have been in the office answering phones and making preparing our daily deposit, we have not seen any patients. I have actually enjoyed the peacefulness of our office and believe it or not have gotten much done. My co-worker and I decided to cross-train each other, so I showed her how to create a new patient in our database, post insurance checks, and a few other small but important things I do. She showed me how to take x-rays, I asked Stewart to come in and be my patient so I could practice on someone while my co-worker walked me through the steps. Stewart got to sit on the cute frog chair (the dentist I work for is a pediatric dentist), and was a great patient overall. I will probably have to have him come back again so I can refresh myself about how to do x-rays; there was a lot to learn.

We got lots and lots of snow again; I am really tired of snow and can’t wait for spring to some. We are supposed to get another BIG storm tomorrow; I am crossing my fingers that this will be the last storm of the season. All of the West Virginias here have been telling us that this is an abnormal year for them. They have not had a winter like this for 10 plus years. I was taking my co-worker home from work in our car one day last week, it had been snowing for several hours, and I missed the turn off for her road, so I turned onto a different side street only to slide off into the snow bank. I got stuck and could not get our car to move frontward or backward. At the same time I got stuck a man from our ward turned the corner in his big ol’ truck… he pulled me out. That was a big relief to me. I could call Stewart and tell him I am stuck… but we don’t have a second car so it is not like he could come save me. I feel very blessed that Heavenly Father was watching out for me that day.

Other news, Stewart and I have a cute older couple living next to us, Stewart has gone over and shoveled their walks for them a lot this winter, and because of that we have become even better friends. The other day we needed some wire for the chains Stewart purchased for our car (that is another story) so I jaunted over there to get some wire they had, when I left their home I had a black strap, wire, a really cool compact flashlight, and a card with a gift card in it. They have become Stewarts and my adoptive grandparents over here. I count them as a blessing in my life, I know that if we ever needed any help they would be there for us, and I hope they know the same goes for us. It is neat to see the hand of the Lord in our lives; He has introduced us to so many wonderful people in this area and for that I am glad we moved to West Virginia.

Okay one last story and I will go; Stewart bought us come chains for our car (as stated above) so that we can actually get around this town in the snow. The town is all rolling hills so without 4-wheel drive or chains you slide everywhere and can’t leave the main roads. After Stewart got the chains and called my dad to clarify he knew how put the chains on, he went to work and put them on our car. Once that was done we went for a drive around town, our car climbed one of the hardest roads that goes from down town up a large hill back to our house with no problem. Stewart is now convinced that if our car can climb Foster Street, it can climb trees… I have yet to let him try. Ciao!!!


4 comments:

Megan said...

Let me know how the car does with the trees! :)

The Lewis Family said...

Miss you guys tons. Glad you are getting through with all that snow. It's super crazy that those winter storms just keep coming and coming! Well, when you get time give me a call. Talk to you later.

Muffin said...

Sounds like too much snow for my liking. I just talked with one of my convert baptisms, RJ, who lives in W.V. as well, and he said there was so much snow and more to come.

The sun has been shining here. It's been a super mild winter. Lucky us I guess.

Well, glad you found work and I got your letter. Thank you. I need to call you soon.

Also, Mark Moss is wondering if you can email him your info for the Reunion. Even if you don't come he wants to include every one.

Thanks. Luv ya beautiful!!!

TeamBennett said...

So glad you are doing well!

It's an unusual winter for Arkansas as well. We've had church cancelled twice and the local schools are having to have school on Saturdays so that they can have somewhat of a summer.

Catch ya later Becky!!