Sunday, February 28, 2010

It's Late But Here is Your Update

It is late here, and both Stewart and I have obligations tomorrow, so this wont be one of our extra long tell all boring posts… lucky for you! We don’t have a lot of new stuff to fill you in on. We are still getting lots of snow here… I am in hopes that the storm that is passing over us now will be the last storm of the season (hey I am entitled to hope). I can’t wait to see the green grass and trees again.

Tonight Stewart invited a friend over from school to hear the first discussion. So we had the Elders over for dinner along with Stewart’s friend and then a nice discussion. We both feel that it went well. I guess we will see what happens next. I am impressed with all the missionary experiences Stewart has been having lately. He is a good member missionary and is always talking about his beliefs with anyone who will listen. I was talking to my boss's husband one day two weeks ago, and he asked me what church I belong to, when I told him The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, he looked at me and said… you can’t be Mormon, you don’t have any kids. I just laughed at him, while he decided he had stuck his foot in his mouth, and changed the subject quickly. So I guess I need to work on my missionary efforts and be like my stellar husband.

I was released from my Nursery calling this past week. The ward switched up their Relief Society presidency and I was asked to serve as the RS Secretary. To be honest I am truly going to miss my nursery calling. When I was first asked to serve as a nursery leader I was not excited. I felt like it was only a babysitting job, but I have since changed my mind. I will miss building block towers and knocking them down, coloring on the table and not my paper and then blaming it on the kids, telling Book of Mormon stories in little kid language, and of course all the cool snacks we got to eat. I also don’t know how I am going to convince Stewart that I need a nap as soon as we get home from church… my excuse of being warn out from wrangling kiddos for two hours is now extinct. Oh well, here is to the good times I have had and the lessons I have learned, as well as all the lessons I have yet to learn with this new calling. Cheers!


7 comments:

The McGraths said...

That's awesome, way to be member missionaries! It's so great isn't it? The Gospel is soooo exciting to share. Nice job guys! ;)

Jarom & Corinne said...

HEY I love your long boring post, they aren't that boring to me! It was nice getting to say hi to you on the phone the other day! Hope all is well with you guys and that we can see you this summer!

Muffin said...

Hey, I am the ward RS Secretary too! So funny. So, I think I lost your number... Can you email it to me?

mufninc [!at] gmail [dot] com

We should chat....

Shayla said...

Congrats on the new calling! I hope all is well with you guys. Call me if you ever want to chat! Love ya guys!!

Doug and Amanda said...

Not to be a broken record, but I too Love your posts, I was starting to get a little worried we had heard from you in awhile, I am sure you guys are busy, but it is nice to hear from you. Hope your week goes great, that you love your new calling as much as the old (although there is just no getting around missing those nursery joys) and that your guy's missionary efforts go well....

Camille @ Camille's Casa said...

I'm sure your new calling will give you more missionary opportunities. Nursery is fun though, minus the snot.
Glad you guys are doing great, and thanks for sending me the breadsticks picture, hehe. Hope they were delish!

Camille @ Camille's Casa said...

I'm sure your new calling will give you more missionary opportunities. Nursery is fun though, minus the snot.
Glad you guys are doing great, and thanks for sending me the breadsticks picture, hehe. Hope they were delish!