It is 8am here and I should be showered and ready for the day… but I am not (not yet anyway) I sat down in the living room and decided that it was high time I scratch “update blog” off my to do list. It has been on the list for 4 days now, and almost always the one that does not get crossed off at the end of the day. Any who here I am now updating you all on our life in West Virginia.
This past week Stewart had his first two tests and a quiz in school. We are still waiting on the results of one of the tests but so far he is doing great and getting along just fine. I am super proud of him and all his accomplishments. I seriously do not know how he can study such long hours and still be sane enough to talk with me (actually I do know how he dose it… a lot of prayer, and simple blessings from a loving Heavenly Father).
We enjoy living so close to the school, Stewart comes home for lunch and gives his brain a break for 30 minutes and he gives his wife a chance to see him. I have been able to help Stewart coordinate some of the crazy demands that the school wants. Things such as, going to anatomy lab from 1 to 3 and then at 3:15 wanting him to be in business attire for a practice clinical. Days like that I meet Stewart in the parking lot with his books and business attire he runs and changes out of his old smelly anatomy cloths, gives them to me and runs to class. After class I meet him again and he changes back so that he can go study. It is a fun process and I don’t mind helping him while I don’t have any work demands.
Speaking of work, I saw the other day a position available for Box office Ticket Manager at the Carnegie Hall here in Lewisburg. The hall is just 5 blocks down the hill from my house, a strait shot and walk-able distance. When reading over the job description and qualifications they want, I can honestly say that I can meet everyone of there wants. I have all that experience in my previous work history. The one thing that is really holding me back is Stewart and I have talked about things and we feel that a part time job would be best at this time (we talked about this before we ever moved to WV). This job is a full time job, I am honestly thinking about doing it and yet something is stopping me. I know what kind of hours and overtime ticket managers have… I worked in that setting. If I took this job yes we would have an income but I would have to hire someone to clean the house and make dinner for Stewart since he and I would probably have totally different schedules. Ok, thanks for listening to me talk things thru and work things out in my mind. I don’t think this is the right job for me… although perfect it is not for me. Call me crazy but my number one most important job is to make sure Stewarts needs are taken care of, that he has good healthy meals waiting for him, clean cloths in the dresser, a clean home to come home to, and of course someone to ask him how his day went when he walks in the door.
Besides job hunting I just finished my second book this week. And plan to go to the library with the gals to get another one. I have also been filling my time by looking for different opportunities to volunteer in the area, and hope something comes up soon. It has been nice to have some friends in the area to socialize with. That’s the beauty of being a member of a world wide church, where ever you go no matter what type of change is being thrown at you one thing will always be the same and that is the Church. When we moved here we had an instant group of friends waiting for us. I love that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is organized that everywhere throughout the world everyone is learning the same lesson and being taught the same principles. I have talked with some of Stewart's med school friends that say they are looking for a church they like in the area. For members of the LDS faith, we don’t have that problem it is the same wherever we go and along with it FRIENDS.
I should be going now, just wanted everyone to know we are alive and happy. Thanks for all the comments and support. We do miss every one of you and not a day goes by that I don’t think of you and the amazing people you are. Thanks for your influence in our live, we have learned so much from you. Keep in touch!

FIRST YEAR MED SCHOOL PICTURES
This past week Stewart had his first two tests and a quiz in school. We are still waiting on the results of one of the tests but so far he is doing great and getting along just fine. I am super proud of him and all his accomplishments. I seriously do not know how he can study such long hours and still be sane enough to talk with me (actually I do know how he dose it… a lot of prayer, and simple blessings from a loving Heavenly Father).
We enjoy living so close to the school, Stewart comes home for lunch and gives his brain a break for 30 minutes and he gives his wife a chance to see him. I have been able to help Stewart coordinate some of the crazy demands that the school wants. Things such as, going to anatomy lab from 1 to 3 and then at 3:15 wanting him to be in business attire for a practice clinical. Days like that I meet Stewart in the parking lot with his books and business attire he runs and changes out of his old smelly anatomy cloths, gives them to me and runs to class. After class I meet him again and he changes back so that he can go study. It is a fun process and I don’t mind helping him while I don’t have any work demands.
Speaking of work, I saw the other day a position available for Box office Ticket Manager at the Carnegie Hall here in Lewisburg. The hall is just 5 blocks down the hill from my house, a strait shot and walk-able distance. When reading over the job description and qualifications they want, I can honestly say that I can meet everyone of there wants. I have all that experience in my previous work history. The one thing that is really holding me back is Stewart and I have talked about things and we feel that a part time job would be best at this time (we talked about this before we ever moved to WV). This job is a full time job, I am honestly thinking about doing it and yet something is stopping me. I know what kind of hours and overtime ticket managers have… I worked in that setting. If I took this job yes we would have an income but I would have to hire someone to clean the house and make dinner for Stewart since he and I would probably have totally different schedules. Ok, thanks for listening to me talk things thru and work things out in my mind. I don’t think this is the right job for me… although perfect it is not for me. Call me crazy but my number one most important job is to make sure Stewarts needs are taken care of, that he has good healthy meals waiting for him, clean cloths in the dresser, a clean home to come home to, and of course someone to ask him how his day went when he walks in the door.
Besides job hunting I just finished my second book this week. And plan to go to the library with the gals to get another one. I have also been filling my time by looking for different opportunities to volunteer in the area, and hope something comes up soon. It has been nice to have some friends in the area to socialize with. That’s the beauty of being a member of a world wide church, where ever you go no matter what type of change is being thrown at you one thing will always be the same and that is the Church. When we moved here we had an instant group of friends waiting for us. I love that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is organized that everywhere throughout the world everyone is learning the same lesson and being taught the same principles. I have talked with some of Stewart's med school friends that say they are looking for a church they like in the area. For members of the LDS faith, we don’t have that problem it is the same wherever we go and along with it FRIENDS.
I should be going now, just wanted everyone to know we are alive and happy. Thanks for all the comments and support. We do miss every one of you and not a day goes by that I don’t think of you and the amazing people you are. Thanks for your influence in our live, we have learned so much from you. Keep in touch!

FIRST YEAR MED SCHOOL PICTURES
L to R: Jonathan, Derek, Stewart, James and Joe
L to R: Rachel, with Jonathan and daughter, Arianna; Derek and Nativa; Stewart and Becky ; James, his wife is expecting and stayed behind until after the baby is born; and then last, Joe, Kathryn, and their new baby, Ozzy (he is only 4 weeks old)
I took these pictures off of Naiva's blog, thanks for taking the pictures and for sharing you do AWESOME work!
5 comments:
I love this post! Way to keep your eyes on what is truly important, I think if more people understood what you just summed up in your short post, the world would be a different place. I am sure it is hard, but the right job will come along. We are glad to hear things are going well.
You are a sweet wife. I hope you are able to find the right job soon. Good luck to both of you!!
no way! I totally no Nativa! Did she go to BYU-I?
How's WV treating you?
YAY for our first year guys!!! They rock!!!
I love how you are making it a team effort...however, I would gladly let someone else clean my house!
Post a Comment