Monday, June 16, 2008

First 5K Walk

On Saturday, June 14th I participated in my very first 5K walk! My co-workers: Jacque, Monica, and Lisa joined me along with my BFF Kindra. We had a great time, and for the first time in a very long time (so it seems), we had a beautiful day! Monica and I walked the 5k together as we both kind of left Lisa and Jacque behind, not to mention Kindra left everyone behind and finished first in her age group. Stewart was very kind to ride his bike around the course and to stop and wait for us to pass by so that he could holler, yell, and encourage us on. He was so funny and it was rather embarrassing for me, but in the end I was glad for his support. Plus he took some great pictures for me to post on the blog! Oh by the way, I finished 4th in my age group and walked the 5K at 9.04 pace, walking the whole thing in 45:22:9. Yep I know exciting, anyway here are some fun pictures, hope you like them.
This is Monica and I

Silly Kindra

Jacque and Lisa (Lisa took her little boy Seth with us, he was a great sport)

Some Random Lady that wanted Stewart to take a pic of her muscles (yep, a little weird)


Jacque, Monica, Lisa, and Me (Kindra finished early and went to another Fun Run)

I took a picture of Stewart coming home from a hard day of being my #1 Fan. Funny Guy!

1 comment:

Kindra Serr said...

I can't believe we made it! What super-de-duper athletes we are! Bring on the next one!