Stewart had a conference in Las Vegas at the beginning of the
week on the 19th. He flew to Vegas on Sunday and came home on the 20th.
The original plan was for Sophie and I to join him since it was all
paid for by his work but when I learned that the conference was only one day I
opted out since we would not be there long enough to do anything or site see. I
did have Stewart write up a summery of what he did while he was there so I
could post it here on the blog. Below are his words...
Earlier this week I had a conference in Las Vegas . The conference only lased one day,
so it was a pretty quick trip. I stayed at the Cosmopolitan, or Cosmo as the
trendy people call it. My room was up on the 57th floor! My ears popped every
time I rode the elevators.
The conference was on interpretation of EKGs. An EKG is the
heart tracing, you've probably all seen something like it on TV
before. If you know how to read them they can tell you a lot about what the
heart is doing. They measure the electrical activity at various points in the
heart. It’s pretty neat actually, but kind of difficult to learn. You can tell
if the person is having a heart attack, you can get a pretty good idea of which
part of the heart is being affected and even which artery is blocked too.
Electrophysiologists can tell you if one little piece of heart tissue is acting
up, and almost exactly where the little piece of tissue is. I’m not at that
level, and don’t think I’ll even need to be that proficient.
My room had a large soaking tub. The second night I was
there I drew up a nice hot bath, turned on some jazz, and read my book. Mmm,
very nice. I splurged for one meal. I ate at a place called the Wicked Spoon.
It was a buffet with fancy, trendy little dishes. I ate crab legs for the first
time. I had a few different types of sushi; I had lamb, muscles, shrimp, and
some kind of fancy, made-to-order Macaroni and Cheese. The only thing that
could have made my trip better was if Becky and Sophie had been able to join
me.
Here are a few pictures Stewart took while he was
there.



No comments:
Post a Comment