Sunday, January 4, 2015

January 2015 Begins

This year I have a goal to keep up the blog again. I am not planning on telling anyone so if you are reading this lucky you. I quit up-keeping our blog two years ago because it became more of a chore than the hobby it started out as, too many people nagging me to keep up the posts and so forth. Anyway, I am going to try again and hope that it can still be the hobby I enjoyed once.

Well January 2015 is here the start to another great year. So far this year has been fine. For New Year's we watched Disney’s 101 Dalmatians as a family when Stewart got home from work. We had sloppy joes and ate finger foods such as chips, pickles, and olives. Nothing extravagant or exciting, because Stewart had to work the day shift at the hospital (his very last one of the month) and was tired when he got home. We actually ended up going to bed at 10 after we celebrated the New Year with our friends back east.

Stewart did not have to work on New Years and the weather was decent so we decided to take Sophie sledding over at Cahill Park in town. There is a large hill, a medium hill and a smaller hill so you really can find the best fit for your personality. Stewart took Sophie first down the big hill and caught some air half way down. They made it through ok but Sophie did not like it much. When they got back up to the top I decided I would take Sophie down one last time and then we would do the medium hill from there on out. BAD IDEA! Sophie was crying and I forced her into it (which I feel horrible about now) away we went.... we caught some air half way down but instead of making it to the bottom just fine we flew strait up and came back down hard. I landed on the edge of our sled with my tailbone and luckily Sophie landed on me and was spared any injury. I on the other hand bruised my behind and ripped several holes in the backside of my only other jeans that had not worn out on me yet. I am still feeling the consequence of that decision three days later. Sophie still loves to go sledding and went down the smaller hills 5 or 6 times before we left the park to come home. For the record Sophie has forgiven me for my lack of good judgment and prays for me to get better.

Today was Sunday and we switched church time from 1pm to 9am! I love 9am church!!!! I am serving in the Primary as the first counselor (pure honesty here, this is not my favorite calling), Stewart is a Sunday school teacher for the Gospel Doctrine class. I really wanted to go into Sunday school and listen to Stewart lesson today, but we had a few teachers not show up and I had to go and find last minute substitutes for those classes. So in the end I was unable to go into his class, a big disappointment in my day. I hear he is a great teacher and that he does a very good job.... maybe one day I can know for myself. Sophie is now in the CTR 4 class, no longer a Sunbeam. She seemed to like her class and her new teachers. Her teachers made each of their students nametags in class, I guess to help them learn the names of their new class. When we went to get Sophie after church her nametag read: ARIEL (Sophie) on it, I guess that means she has changed her name.

I am not sure what the New Year holds for us; Stewart will graduate from a 2nd year resident doctor to a 3rd year resident doctor(in July), Sophie will turn 5 this year, and this will be our last summer in Cheyenne that we are aware of. When Stewart graduates in June of 2016 we will be moving to where he gets a job. We may or may not know where that will be by the end of this year. Here is to the days ahead, may they be filled with joy and love.
Hugs




4 comments:

Goodwin Family said...

Becky, I'm so glad to see you posting again, I hope you continue to post because I love hearing about your family! :) Glad things are going well for you guys!

Melendez Family said...

This makes me so happy. SO. HAPPY.

Kimberly and Matt said...

Enjoyed your post :-)

The McGraths said...

Glad to see you're back Becky! I'm the first counselor in the Primary also! Though it's challenging, feeling the children's precious spirits makes it worth it. I look forward to hearing more from you. Happy New Year! ;)