Friday, March 9, 2012

For Nancy

We had our Young Women New Beginnings last Wednesday and I wanted to post a little about our evening for Stewart’s (and my) Aunt Nancy who is the YW President in her ward. I put a lot of thought and work into this program; I am grateful for my wonderful counselors who stepped up and helped me pull all my written thoughts off the paper and make them into reality.

Since the theme for the youth this year is “Arise and Shine Forth” found in D&C 115:5, we decorated the tables with sources of lights.  


We used things such as lamps or flash lights, candles and so on. For refreshments we served Skittles and Starbursts along with fruit pizza. I also froze Kool Aid into ice cubes and served them with 7UP (believe it or not that was the biggest hit). 




As an YW Presidency we wanted to encourage our YW to read the Book of Mormon this year, so we gave all our YW a Book of Mormon. Because we wanted to do something a little more to dress the books up, I made book covers with their names on them and fastened them with a red pen, I think they turned out good. I also gave the YW a charge to look for examples of people in the Book of Mormon who exemplified the theme this year of Arise and Shine. I really hope they take our invitation to read the Book of Mormon seriously, I know if they do they will be blessed. 




All in all the program went well, although we did not have as many people there as we had planned for.  

3 comments:

Tiffany Giraud said...

I adore those Book of Mormon covers! So cute! Thanks for posting, glad it turned out!

Melendez Family said...

My previous post didn't stick??? I LOVE this - your book covers turned out great and I especially love the ice cubes - gonna use that for something someday. Good job Becky!

Melendez Family said...

My previous post didn't stick??? I LOVE this - your book covers turned out great and I especially love the ice cubes - gonna use that for something someday. Good job Becky!