Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas in Idaho

We had a lovely Christmas this year, because my family had only seen Sophie once before when she was 7 months old they decided to fly us to Idaho as a Christmas present. So for the first time since moving to West Virginia we were able to spend Christmas in Idaho with our families! Yea for technology that makes that possible.

We had to take a later flight out of Charleston WV, then we wanted so that put us arriving in Boise after midnight. Needless to say we were tired by the time we got there since it was past 2am back in WV. So the first day we were in Idaho was recuperating from our flight, and a nice brisk walk around the farm to show Sophie the baby calves and for us to stretch our legs and exercises.

After our day of recuperating we took off the next day to drive to the Rexburg/ Pocatello area so we could visit with Stewart’s family. It was good to see them and for Sophie to play with Blaz and Sam her only cousins. It was fun to watch Blaz and Sophie play together and laugh, it really is too bad we don’t live closer together so they could play with each other more often. While we were in Rexburg Stewart and I took the opportunity to go to the Rexburg Temple and do a session. We left Sophie with her Grandpa/ma North and Aunt Tasia, when we got back she was taking a nap and from what I could tell she had a fun time. It was so nice to go the temple again as a couple, it has been since before Sophie was born that Stewart and I have been to the temple together. I loved being there so much I had a hard time leaving. For those of you who live close to the temple don’t take it for granted it, because one day you could live 4.5 hours from five different temples and not be able to go as much as you would like.

We enjoyed seeing as many of Stewarts family as we could while we were in the area, it was a quick trip but we were glad to took the time to come say hi, and capture some pictures for Sophie.


Sophie, Sammy, and Blaz

All the grandkids with thier Grandpa & Grandma North



Sophie with Stewart's Aunt Barbara and Grandma North



Sophie with Great Grandma North





Sophie with Great Grandpa/ma Hudson



When we got back to Bruneau after our trip to Rexburg my sisters were all home, yippy! For the first time in a long time all of us were together including Stewart so my mom arranged for us to take some family pictures, I got to see them before we left to come back to WV and I think they turned out nice. Anyway, we spent the reminder of our vacation with my family playing games and celebrating Christmas. I really liked having Christmas fall on a Sunday this year; it helped me keep a good perspective of the true meaning of Christmas. I suggested that as a family this year we wait until after Church to open gifts, so we woke up and went to church and enjoyed remembering our Savior and all he did for us by coming into this world.

When we got around to opening gifts Sophie was taking a nap so we did not get a whole lot of pictures of her opening gifts and the ones we did get ended up being blurry. Sophie received lots of books and a few clothes from her grandparents along with the stuff I made her. It was a real simple Christmas for us since money was/is tight. It was just fun to be with family and to enjoy our time together.

One of the perks of being around so much family who only have one niece is that they all adored her (and who wouldn’t) so they all wanted to take her here or there and play with her, so I truly was on vacation. I think Sophie enjoyed all the attention as well.



Sophie on the Tractor steps





Sophie in the Tractor Tire





Sophie with Aunts Emily and Margie





Sophie by the baby calves



Sophie and I jumping on the trapoline











Saying goodbye to Grandpa Hegerhorst at the airport



Saying goodbye to Grandma Hegerhorst at the airport






Our time in Idaho seemed to go fast, and it was sad to say goodbye but we were glad we got to be with family over the Christmas holiday. Thanks for the fun time in Idaho everyone we loved seeing those we could and had a great time re-kindling our relationships. We hope you loved seeing us too *SMILE*.



2 comments:

Melendez Family said...

So glad you had a wonderful Christmas - it's not the presents - it's the presence of those you love around you during special times!!

Ben said...

That sounds like a fun trip, Is Steward in his last year now?