Monday, December 19, 2011

A Homemade Christmas

For Christmas this year, since money is tight I decided to make Sophie her Christmas presents. I think they turned our near perfect. I made a small quilt with fabric I got on sale, I gleaned some ideas off the interned from THIS websight. I found a quilt pattern and color scheme that I really liked so I followed the tutorial and this is what the finished project looks like.






I decided I wanted to make Sophie a pair of mittens so I found some fleece in the dollar bin at Hobby Lobby and again searched the Internet for a PATTERN or tutorial and this it what the finished project look like. I added the ribbon hoops and snap cord so that Sophie won’t be able to lose her mittens; I think they turned our lovely.


The last project I made was quiet book; when I hear the words “quiet book” I think of a book I can take to church to keep Sophie quiet, well I wanted something that I could use outside of church so this is what I came up with. I got a few patterns/ideas from THIS web sight, and then some of the ideas came strait from me (believe it or not). I love how most of the pages turned out. I still need to make a cover for the book itself but hey at least the pages are finished… right?


The Frogs Tongue snaps to the flies

The Alligators teeth zip and un-zip


This Caterpillar Velcros on and off


This fish has a magnet in him so that he can be magneted to the fish bowl




The Monkey Swing from tree to tree. I forgot to take a picture of it but if you pull back the grass on the left there is a tiger hidden back there.




All the Farm animals Velcro on and off, the barn door opens, and the whole barn itself is a pocket for all the animals to be tucked away in.






I guess now I should start on Stewart’s gifts, I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!


7 comments:

Goodwin Family said...

You are so talented! I love the quilt and the quiet book! The mittens are perfect! Sophie will love them for sure! :) Merry Christmas!!

Photography said...

I love the quilt, you did a great job! How long did the entire project take you? In my mind, quilting far too much time. The quiet book is also very creative, I love it.

Merry Christmas!

Tiffany Giraud said...

I love the quiet book! It's the cutest I've ever seen! All your projects turned out beautifully.

Doug and Amanda said...

WOW!!! That is one Awesome Christmas! I love the ideas, so fun, and you did such a nice job on them!

Cassie said...

so so so cute! You have been one busy mama! I may have to steal a few of your ideas ;)

Jenette said...

I love the Quiet Book!

Muffin said...

these gifts are amazing! you are so talented! I just love seeing your craftiness! You are on Pinterest right? It's the best website ever! So many great ideas for crafts and kids! If you're not on it yet, you should join, it's 1000 x's better than Facebook! Aren't you so glad we learned to sew!

You are amazing! Sorry I missed you over the Holidays! Maybe we'll have to make a trip back east. I'd love to visit the old mish again! Miss ya!

Muffin :o)