After the race we came home and she decided to take a long nap, and why not it was her birthday after all. Stewart and I got ready for the day and then turned on General Conference which was just starting. Sophie slept through most of the first session, we must of wore her out. Between sessions of conference we helped Sophie open her gifts. After that we let her talk with her Grandparents and Aunts/Uncles. She had a good day. Stewart and I Gave Sophie a teddy bear for her to snuggle with while she sleeps, we also gave her a large washing machine box we got for free at sears. Stewart cut out some doors and a few windows for her. She loves both gifts a lot and it is fun to see her playing with them. 
Like I mentioned before since Sophie’s birthday was over General Conference we decided throw her a birthday party the weekend after. I had so much fun organizing and planning her party. I have never had the space, the time, or reason to have a big party before so I went a little overboard decorating and paying attention to details. I think in the future I won’t go so overboard like I did with this one, I can now say “been there done that”. Anyway back to the party, the theme was “Under the Sea” I decorated our basement with turquoises, blue, pinks, and lots of fish. If you recall in my last post Sophie and I finger painting, there was a picture of plates we put her foot print or hand print on… well those were part of the decorations for Sophies party. I turned her hand/footprint into fish; I think they turned out cute.We had about 8 families show up for the party and just had a great time socializing. When we gave Sophie her cake, I expected her to dive into it, not so she picked at it for a little while and then smashed it down so it was flat. She did have fun doing it, so that is all that counts.




4 comments:
She's so darling! Happy Birthday Sophie!!
I love the pictures!!! I love the decorations---and the idea of using her feet and hands prints as fish. (I might be using that one for Jennie's Project time in the future.)
How Fun! I love the theme and decor, what a creative mom you are!
aww she is adorable! Happy first bday little girly! Great job on the cake and party, looked like such fun!
Post a Comment