Sunday, December 20, 2009

Work, Tests, and WV Winter Storm

These past two weeks have been one of business for both Stewart and myself. Stewart was preparing for his last BIG test of the year and I was busy impressing my new employer with my mad receptionist skills. Yes… you read that right I got a JOB!!! I had the job at the museum but it did not workout due to complications on how I was hired., so instead of just leaving the museum with bitter feelings I kept going there as a volunteer a few hours a week. Well one day the director of the museum called me and said she had a job for me to look into. It was a new pediatric dentist office about a mile from my house. I called the number she gave me, the lady that answered told me about the job… it sounded great except it was a 35 plus hours a week job and I wanted 20 or less hours a week. I told the lady that I wanted to discuss it with my husband and if I was interested I would drop my resume off to her in the next few days. Well Stewart and I decided that we were not interested in the job due to the hours… and that was that, until the next day when the dental office called me up asking me when I was bringing in my resume. I explained my reasons for not wanting the job… she asked me to bring in my resume anyway and we could talk about a part time possibility. Long story short I got the job and the hours I wanted to work. Merry Christmas to Stewart and Me! I have been very busy since trying to learn their specific dental office computer program. So far I really love the job and the environment. It seems to be a good match for me.

Stewart says: I took my big test on Friday. I paced myself better this time, so I had a little extra time to look over my answers and polish them up a bit. I feel good about my answers. I’m confident that I passed the test, and that’s all that matters. It was such a relief to walk out of that room and realize that I am a free man (for about 3 weeks). I felt a burden lifted from off my shoulders. I’m pleased with the hard work that both Becky and I did during this semester. It hasn’t been easy, but I’m grateful that she’s stayed by my side through it all.

Other news… we got more snow, and by more snow I mean lots and lots of snow in 12ish hours! It started snowing Friday afternoon after Stewart finished his test, and kept on snowing until Saturday afternoon. We are still getting snow fall here and there and the main roads and highways have been shut down. Stewart and I can’t move our car because the parking lot is so packed with snow; we need a snow plow to clear it out first. We have contacted our landlord… who knows when he will get around to it… I hope soon because I have work in the morning.

We have had fun playing in the snow though. Stewart was asked to feed a fellow student’s cats while she was out of town. She lives close to a mile away from us. Since we are snowed in we have been trekking over there on foot to take care of them. We had a lot of fun pushing each other into the snow banks… It is a winter wonderland outside and it is for certain we will have a very white Christmas. Stewart thought it would be smart to document the snow fall every 2 hours so that we could have a picture journal of this year’s 2009 West Virginia Winter Storm. The following pictures are proof that it has indeed snowed a lot here:

Friday Dec. 18, 2009- 2:00 pm

Friday Dec. 18, 2009- 4:00 pm
*

Friday Dec. 18, 2009- 6:00 pm


Friday Dec. 18, 2009- 8:00 pm


Okay, so maybe we fudged the climate data a little bit. But who doesn’t fudge a little climate data every now and then? However we had a blast taking them! And since we love taking pictures here are a few more of our snowy adventures. Loves!!


Mr. Malibu... playing in the snow

Stewart burried Becky in the snow... it was cold (why did I let him do this to me?)

Stewart, stole our neighbor's snow shovel... good thing he won't be home for a while, we might need it longer then a few hours.

On our way to feed them Cats (hey Mom... how do you like Stewart's hat?)

Still working our way over to feed them cats... look how narrow the road is (Margie do you like my hat?).


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the test results! I hope you both have a great Christmas! We loved being far enough away from family that we could make our won holiday traditions.

Shayla said...

you guys look like you are having tons of fun!! We mish you guys lots! I hope you have a wonderful holiday!

Kasi Lee said...

Those pictures seriously cracked me up! I hope life is going well for the two of you!

Jarom & Corinne said...

Congrats on the new job! Wow that sounds like such a blessing, to get the job with the hours you want, thats so great! We hope you have a merry christmas and try to stay dry, if possible!

Goodwin Family said...

cute pictures! I love the snow docomentation! SO funny! Thomas is jealous of all your snow!! Happy Holidays!!

Doug and Amanda said...

Doug has a friend going to med school in wv, Huntington is that close to you guys?

Barbara Dunn said...

Dude!!! Now that is SNOW!!! My boys would love to play in that for a day. Your husband is so funny!! Love the he's sinking in the snow...