Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Big ol' Long Post

It always seems that as of lately I start a new blog post with the words or some phrase to the tune of Yes it has been a long time since I wrote or life is super busy right now… and while those a true statements I have decided that today I will not start this blog post like that. So here goes with the new blog post.


We have had a ton of fun over the past few weeks or so. So much fun that neither of us have had time to post a note about it. Now aren’t you jealous? Ok ok, I know you are not jealous, but I know you are curious about what we have been up to… yep I knew it. A few weeks ago Stewart had spring break, because I work for ISU I do not get a spring break, it’s too hard to close down all the offices. Stewart did convince me to take a few days off of work, and we went on a road trip!!


We started our outing in Lava, at the Hot Springs. From there we drove to Soda Springs, Montpelier, Bear Lake, Paris, Logan, Preston, Oxford and then back home. It was a ton of fun, I think the best part was exploring the area around us, we read some interesting small town histories, looked as some amazing sites, and had fun getting to know each other. I am soooooo glad that Stewart convinced me to take some time off, it was refreshing. Here are some of our cool photos that we took while were gone. I do want to mention, that we took a detour to Oxford, Idaho, because this is where my parents first lived after they got married. Their home was not around anymore, but the first dairy barn they used/built was still there along with the home my Grandma and Grandpa Hegerhorst lived in. I was surprised that I found the place, Oxford is not all that big, but I was there for the first time over 10 years ago. It was a cool detour, I am glad we took it before we moved away from here.

Grandma and Grandpa Hegerhost's House in Oxford

Barn that My Parents built with the cinder blocks from an old chicken coop

Cache National Forrest.... we went from sunny warmth to Burr snowy cold in less then 5 mins


Bear Lake

Soda Springs- main attraction!

Stewart and I celebrated our birthdays, this month. Stewarts b-day was on April 2nd and mine on April 4th. We celebrated Stewarts Birthday in the morning. I woke up and put balloons on his chair and set our few birthday gifts. That evening we went out to eat at Ruby Tuesdays for dinner, and that was about all. If I remember, Stewart had homework to be done. For my Birthday, we went to Rexburg. It was conference weekend, so Stewart and I decided to go spend the weekend with his family. We had a great time, and the best part was my birthday Cheesecake!!! It was delicious! Oh and of course my youngest sister Emily was in town so we went and painted out toenails together. That was actually lots of fun!


For Easter we stayed here, Stewart sang in Church on Sunday, he did an amazing job. He sang with two other men in our ward, they sounded polished and well practiced. After church we went and visited our good pals the Hymas’s they just bought a new house in town. We got the grand tour, and had a good visit. We are really going to miss them when we move. We had the chance to have a cool family over for Easter dinner. Stewart met Chad on the bus while he was driving around town (that is what Stewart does for a job, he is a bus driver), anyway Chad and he became friends, and Stewart thought it would be nice to invite he and his wife (Angela) over for dinner. It was a fun evening, mainly because I totally stomped everyone in Tri-Ominos after dinner! Yeah!!!


Life is going well for us, we are moving out of our apartment next month, it is nice of the Hudson’s (Stewarts G-ma/pa) to let us move in with them for a few months. I think the best news of the week is, is Stewart has less than 25 days of school, before he graduates with his undergrad! He will be so excited when he is done, you can tell he is feeling the pressure of his final weeks of school. He has a lot to do before graduation. Well I guess that sums up all we have been up to for now. Guess I will close for now, until next… Bye!!

5 comments:

Megan said...

Road trips rock! Get all of Idaho that you can get before you have to leave. I can't wait to get back there...hopefilly permanently someday.

Jarom & Corinne said...

I have been wondering if you would ever get a minute to post! I am glad you did, sounds like a fun trip! Wish we could go!!!

Cassie said...

Wow sounds like a fun month! What is crazy is that I have an uncle that lives in Lava Hot Springs and one that lives near soda springs! Its a small world! Its nice to get our husbands to ourselves every once and awhile! I bet you guys are excited for the new adventure that lies in VA! I still can't believe you guys are going that far! Hopefully you do better far from family than I do! Iowa was far enough for me! Mitch is also very excited to be done with school and has about 4 weeks left and then one month to study for boards! Talk about a stressful time!! I can't wait until boards are O-V-E-R! July will be our month off and we are hoping to make it to the reunion! So we will see you there maybe :)

Ben said...

You guys are awsome, sorry i mised your birthdays. oh and if you need any help moving let me know, i have a big trailer

Unknown said...

Happy birthdays to both of you! We had fun with you guys friday and saturday night. And I agree, the cheesecake was delicious. You play a mean Catch Phrase too.
I finally have my blog up and running although I need you to help me make it as lovely and organized as yours some day.
www.pardoforever.blogspot.com

See ya!