This year for Thanksgiving we drove to Lewisburg to spend some time with our friends, the Bishops. Melanie did (and always does) an amazing job preparing a traditional Thanksgiving meal complete with 8 pies. We always give her a hard time about preparing so many pies and she always responds with, “it’s not Thanksgiving without trying a piece of all the different pies”. I do have to say her homemade from scratch Lemon Meringue pie was amazing and by far the favorite of the day. We had a great time, and like always when we get together with Stewart’s classmates the conversation is all about medicine and the things each are learning. After dinner and a good visit we came home and spent the evening quietly.
On Black Friday instead of going shopping with our non-existent money, we took advantage of the beautiful weather and went hiking in Fayetteville, WV. We found some fun trails that had a beautiful view of the landscape and had a great time as a family. We hiked two different trails Stewart carried Sophie on the first one and then we traded and I carried Sophie on the other. The trail I carried Sophie on was downhill until we turned around and then it was all up hill. I was so tired by the time we got to the top, we all cheered when we got to the car because we were not sure we were going to make it back; our legs muscles were sore for the next few days after.
We enjoyed the long weekend we got to spend with Stewart; time with him is scarce these days. 
Stewart standing by the water fall we passed along the trail

Proof I took part in toting Sophie around

Sophie eating some snacks, and resting before we packed up and started another trail

Best family picture of the day

Stewart and Sophie

2 comments:
What a cute family you are, and how fun hiking after thanksgiving a great way to burn off thanksgiving dinner and the pictures make it look like quite the view to take in too, I think I could be jealous, yep I am no hiking here unless you have snowshoes to do it, and that sounds like WORK...
Very true, Melanie is a great cook. Wish we could have joined. I miss you girls.
I love the trails here in WV, glad you are taking advantage of them. It's too bad that toting Acalias plus a pack would literally cause some kind of back damage.
Post a Comment