At the beginning of August Stewart and I got a membership at the local YMCA, we have since been swimming together as a family a few times a week. Sophie loves the water and enjoys splashing around. One of us will play with Sophie while the other swims laps. I have been meaning to bring my camera and take pictures of Sophie in the water but it has not happened yet.
Since we have moved to Beckley, Stewart and I have met some wonderful people. We enjoy our new ward and feel so at home with the members here. I mentioned to Stewart it is nice to be in a ward where we are not just another medical student but we are finally individuals. I love it! We were able to go visit the farm of one of our bishopric members. They live about 50 minutes from our house on a narrow windy road. They only live about 30 miles from us, but since the roads are windy it takes longer. When we got there I was a little carsick but I shook it off, and had a great time. Their home sits in a quite little hollow (or holler if you’re West Virginian). They have 4 goats, a horse, 2 beef cows, chickens, 2 bee hives, 2 dogs, a cat, and lots of wildlife including black bears. Sophie loved the animals, she really likes wildlife. We wish there was a zoo nearby so she could see more animals. Anyway we had a fantastic time, they told me us we could come back so I could ride their horse and Stewart could go target shooting.
Speaking of new wards, with new wards comes new opportunities to serve in the church. We moved here in June and in August we finally got a calling. Stewart is now the Ward Mission Leader and I am the Young Women Leader. Both are fairly demanding callings, but we are both excited to serve.
At the end of the month the town of Beckley had a children’s fair one of the events took place at a near by lake called Lake Stephens. Being the adventuresome people we are we decided to take Sophie and visit the lake. We thought there would be more to do but to be honest the fair was lame, so we took a walk down to the lake to play in the sand. If we would have planned better we would have thought to bring our swimsuits. Sophie loved the water, but disliked the sand a lot. We had a fun time together as a family enjoying the last real day of summer.

3 comments:
That picture of you and Sophie in the sand(last pic) is to die for...LOVE it!! It was fun to hear what you guys have been up to!!
Hugs!
Sophie is adorable, I'm so jealous of your food storage, and i'm so happy you guys are doing so well! Miss you!!
aw she just keeps getting cuter and cuter how is that possible. I love the header picture! And the one of you two on the beach so cute both of you! We too have been canning, I often find I like to just look at the jars of finished product, they look so beautiful to me, which I don't know I would admit to anyone accept someone who obviously feels the same way! You never cease to amaze...
Post a Comment