I am not going to give you all the details of the month of May in our lives but I will give you the highlights so you know that we are still alive and what we have been up to.
The big thing that happened in may for Sophie and I was our trip to Idaho to visit our families. Sophie did great flying both coming and going, I have jokingly told people that she is a saint and needs her own holiday and a statue. She made lots of friends on the plane; we had a lot of fun. Stewart and I were standing around the baggage claim waiting for our luggage when we flew back, he was surprised at how many random people from our flight came up and said goodbye to Sophie. If I have not already said this, I will now: this little girl makes friends wherever we go.
Our time in Idaho was short, but long at the same time. We both missed Stewart and wished he could be with us, but he stayed behind to study for his board exam he had coming up. We spent most of our time in Bruneau, since my parents bought our plane ticket as a birthday gift to themselves. But we did take a trip to Rexburg to visit Stewart’s parents, since we were so close.
One of the first things we did as a family was go to the Boise Idaho temple; it was nice of my Aunt Wendy to take care of Sophie for me so we could all go. This was the first time all six (Dad, Mom, Katie, Becky, Margie, and Emily) of us were able to be in the temple together. We have all been endowed but because someone in the family was always on a mission or one of us moved across the country we have not all been to together in 4 years and have never all been inside the temple to do an endowment session before now. It was a neat experience and I am grateful we were able to do it.
Sophie loved the farm life; we visited the baby cows, drove the car, played with Rupert, and of course played with Grandpa/ma and her aunts. We even visited my Grandma Hegerhorst, and borrowed her dentures for a minute, before grandma took them back.
The big thing that happened in may for Sophie and I was our trip to Idaho to visit our families. Sophie did great flying both coming and going, I have jokingly told people that she is a saint and needs her own holiday and a statue. She made lots of friends on the plane; we had a lot of fun. Stewart and I were standing around the baggage claim waiting for our luggage when we flew back, he was surprised at how many random people from our flight came up and said goodbye to Sophie. If I have not already said this, I will now: this little girl makes friends wherever we go.
Our time in Idaho was short, but long at the same time. We both missed Stewart and wished he could be with us, but he stayed behind to study for his board exam he had coming up. We spent most of our time in Bruneau, since my parents bought our plane ticket as a birthday gift to themselves. But we did take a trip to Rexburg to visit Stewart’s parents, since we were so close.
One of the first things we did as a family was go to the Boise Idaho temple; it was nice of my Aunt Wendy to take care of Sophie for me so we could all go. This was the first time all six (Dad, Mom, Katie, Becky, Margie, and Emily) of us were able to be in the temple together. We have all been endowed but because someone in the family was always on a mission or one of us moved across the country we have not all been to together in 4 years and have never all been inside the temple to do an endowment session before now. It was a neat experience and I am grateful we were able to do it.
Sophie loved the farm life; we visited the baby cows, drove the car, played with Rupert, and of course played with Grandpa/ma and her aunts. We even visited my Grandma Hegerhorst, and borrowed her dentures for a minute, before grandma took them back.
Sophie with Great Grandma Hegerhorst
Video of Sophie Driving
Sophie having fun with her Grandpa Hegerhorst
Like I mentioned earlier we took a quick trip to Rexburg so Sophie could meet her grandparents, aunts and uncles on Stewart’s side of the family and of course her ONLY cousin, Blaz. We both had a great time visiting. Sophie loved playing the piano with Uncle Alex, those two together made some great music. She also enjoyed meeting Blaz, and playing with him as long as he did not invade her personal space to much.
We also took a trip to Pocatello to have a BBQ at the Hudson’s (Sophie’s Great Grandparents… Stewart’s Grandma/pa). While we were there it just so happened that the stars all aligned and all four of the Hudson’s great grand kids were there. We tried to get a good picture of all of them, but not everyone wanted to take a picture. Sophie was happy about the idea, until some of the others started to cry and then she started to cry as well, funny how kids can influence each other. While we were there Sophie also got to meet her Great Grandma North and her Great Aunt Barbara. We were glad so many came to meet Sophie and that Sophie for the most part took to all of them rather well. She met a lot of new people while we were in Idaho and I personally think she did amazing!
Uncle Alex teaching Sophie how to tickle the ivories
This is for posterity sake same ball two different people in the pictures

1 comment:
What a fun entry on your blog. I loved seeing the videos. She is such a cutie Becky and Stewart. Her smile is contagious. I know your family loved the visit!!
Love to you all.
Aunt Patsy
Post a Comment