Sunday, March 13, 2011

One Long Post!

So it has been a while since I last posted… sorry! It seems like there has been so much that has happened that I would have to make several posts to catch up, but I don’t have the energy or the time to do that so I have decided to make a list of highlights for you, here goes:

Feb 9th- Sophie rolled over for the fist time to her belly
Yep you read that right, our little girl can roll to her belly! She had the biggest grin on her face when she finally made it to her belly; it was the cutest thing ever. It is moments like this one that makes being a mom (or a dad) the best! Below is a video and a picture of this event.


Rolling Over for the Camara

One Proud Baby!


Feb 11th- Sophie had her 4 month check up

I took Sophie in for her 4 month wellness exam; she weighed in at13 pounds 4.4 ounces, and is 23 3/8 inches long. At the exam they gave me a questionnaire asking me about how well Sophie is developing in different areas, I was happy that I was able to answer all the questions with a solid yes. I can’t believe how big our little girl is getting. One fun fact about Sophie is that she has learned to growl. Not really a true “what does a bear say” growl but more of an “I am learning to use my voice and I can make a deep growly noise” growl. Stewart and I get a kick out of it every time she does it. We have tried several times to capture this on camera but I don’t know if we have captured a true demonstration from her yet. One thing is for sure, we love our little Sophie lots and lots!


Growly Bear Sophie


Sophie 4 months old



and because she did not have a 5 month check up the next two pictures our of Sophie at 5 months old.




Feb 16th- Sophie tried rice cereal for the first time
Okay this one was not a real hit with her, the pictures say it all. Being a first time mom I was worried that Sophie was not getting enough to eat from me and she was showing signs of being hungry all the time, so I took a chance and gave her some rice cereal. It only took two attempts for me to realize that she was not all the way ready for this experience. I will probably try again in a few weeks… she is older now and is showing more signs of wanted big kid food... I gave her some celery to suck on today, she loved it!


Feb 18th- Sophie Rolled from her Back to her Belly
A week after Sophie started rolling to her belly, I was on the phone with my mom when all of a sudden I looked up and noticed Sophie attempting to roll back from her belly to her back… she accomplished her goal and now can roll all from one side of the blanket to the other. I guess you could say she is on a “roll”!

Feb 19th- 4 Year Anniversary of our Engagement
That’s right, Stewart proposed to me a little over 4 years ago. I don’t think I ever related how he proposed to me so let’s take a walk down memory lane… It was President’s day 2007, we did not have school that day and the weather was somewhat decent for February. My roommates and I decided to have a bbq with Stewart and his roommates. After we dined on burnt hamburgers (thanks to Stewart’s bbq skills) Stewart and I went for a walk up City Creek (in Pocatello, ID). I remember the wind was blowing, and it was sort of chilly, but Stewart insisted we go… I knew what he was up to because he had round tube gift box that he grabbed right before we exited the car. Anyway back to the walk, after about 20 or 30 mins of walking, Stewart pulled me off the trail (not anywhere specific on the trail, just off to the side so that we would not be interrupted) and got down on one knee and proposed, I of course said yes and then we kissed. When he proposed the ring was tied to a letter he had rolled up and with a ribbon. The letter was a list of commitments or promises; I still have that letter, and read it every so often. For those of you who don’t know Stewart very well, he takes promises seriously and won’t promise me anything unless he is sure he can keep it. I am grateful I said yes to him that day Stewart has made my life 10 times better! I love you Stewart.

Feb 20-27th- Sophie had a long week with RSV
This is a sad thing to have to blog about, but, none the less, it happened. I started noticing Sophie getting a slight cough a few days before she was tested for RSV, so after keeping Sophie home from church I made an appointment first thing on Monday morning. Her regular doctor was out so I got an appointment with someone else. Well after 2 ½ hours of waiting in the room for the doc. Sophie was finally seen and tested positive for RSV, the doc who saw us did not seem to think she was bad enough to worry about and just told me to keep an eye on her. So I took her home and that is where we stayed until Tuesday night when she started coughing hard enough she could not catch her breath and turned blue on us. So Stewart and I took her to the ER where they gave Sophie a breathing treatment that helped her out big time and sent us home with the instruction that I was to make a follow-up appointment with Sophie’s doctor the next day. Endless story cut short: I spent pretty much my whole week in a doctor’s office. The good news is that Sophie recovered fairly quickly once we were able to get her on a breathing treatment, and she is back to her normal smiley self. I have learned a few things from this experience, one being that I will be more assertive as a parent and make sure I am not just told to “watch her” without being sent home with a back up plan, for those “blue” moments (of course that statement all depends on the situation at hand).

March 7th- we found ourselves a place to live when we move to Beckley in June!
Stewart and I are moving to Beckley, WV in June. Beckley is a town 45 minutes West of here… so in a since you can say we are starting our trek West, although I hope our next move is a lot further than just 45 minutes West. Anyway back to the house… about a month before, Stewart and I went to Beckley in search of a place to live. We found a lot of ok places but nothing that really stood out to us, in fact the house hunt was kind of discouraging to me when I saw what my options were in apartments. Anyway, I have been doing some volunteer computer stuff at museum here in town called the North House. Things have been a little busier these days so I decided to hand in my work and call it quits for now. When I dropped off the stuff I took some time to visit with the ladies there and told them our future plans, and then went home. A few days later Stewart got a phone call from a woman he did not know telling him she used to work with me at the museum and that they had a house they were thinking of renting out in Beckley. We ended up setting up an appointment to go and view the place. Stewart and I both took a liking to the place at first sight; it is a three bedroom, 2 bath home with a full basement, garage and a washer and dryer. The home sites on a double lot, so they asked us to mow the lawn but they will provide us with a riding lawn mower to do so. They have also told us we could tear up some of there lawn to plant a garden. And the great thing about it is… it is cheaper then what we are paying at our current place! Stewart and I feel so blessed to have been lead to this place. Of course there are some negative things about the place, but we are willing to overlook those knowing Heavenly Father truly does answer prayers. So mark it on you calendar we are moving in June; all are welcome to come help.

March 13- Becky was released from her calling, RS Secretary, in church today
For the last year I have had the privilege to serve with some amazing sisters in the RS Presidency, I am sad they released me today but know that all is for the best. For now I am without a calling and will remain that way until we move.

Well I guess that sums it up, I will try and do better at updating this blog more often… but then again the key word here is “try”. HUGS to all! Love, the Norths


7 comments:

Jarom & Corinne said...

Poor Sophie and the RSV (poor momma) currently Wrangler has RSV too!!! Luckly we have a great ped thats in our ward and she sent us home first thing with a breathing machine! But the whole cough until he pukes thing just stinks!!! Anyway I am glad she is feeling better and I love the pictures of her, she is just so cute!!! I hope we get a chance to meet her this summer!? And congrats on the house, that sounds like a dream come true.

Goodwin Family said...

Sophie is ADORABLE! She's like a mini Becky! I love it!! So glad she is feeling better. RSV is scary stuff and congrats on the new house! :) Glad things are going so well for you guys!! Miss you!!!

Camille @ Camille's Casa said...

I'm so excited you guys found a great house to live in!! What a blessing! Are you in Beckley for 1 or 2 years? Glad Sophie is getting better, no fun to be sick! Blaz loved watching the videos, we love her grin after rolling over:)

Doug and Amanda said...

Nothing says welcome to parenthood like RSV, I am so sorry little sophie had to go through that, on a positive note, we went through it, and really ever since I feel like my ability to tackle the whole sick situation whatever it may be is quite higher, good skills to have as a mom. Although I hope you never have to use them again. Congrats on finding a place, and all the wonderful fun things happening in your neck of the woods, it sounds like you guys are quite busy! That little sophie of yours is just so cute!

Michael and Julie said...

Oh my gosh! I am still laughing at the picture of Sophie trying rice cereal for the first time. I'm glad things are working out for you guys - you deserve it! P.S. I don't think I ever heard your engagement story - I was on my mission - SO cute!

C said...

HEY NEIGHBOR!!!! Yes, we will be pretty close to you guys! We will have to have visits back and forth, since we are the only family for miles, maybe Thanksgiving :) Congrats on finding a house, maybe you should drive out to Akron and find one for us!

Muffin said...

so fun about the house! I'm always amazed the way the Lord works and how things work out!

Hope things work out for the best! miss ya!