Last year I started a project here in my home with the hopes to one day sale my homemade items to folks here locally or maybe on line. My idea was to make a blanket that had a road on it, so the child could use it both as a toy and blanket for sleeping. I began this blanket before I found my current job, but shortly there after I started working as a receptionist part time in a dental office, so my blanket was put on hold. After things settled down I started working on my blanket again. I had it nearly finished by the time Stewart and I went home to Idaho for the summer, I decided to take it with us so I could get Stewart’s Grandma (who is an amazing quilter) show me some of her neat quilting tips, and tricks of the trade. By the time we left Idaho my blanket was finished! I am very happy with how it turned out, yes I can see my simple errors I made while in the learning process, but with every mistake I made a note of what I will do differently when I make the next one. I just recently sold this blanket to my office manager at work who will give it to her grand kids; she was so excited to have it from the moment I showed her. I decided to post some pictures of the blanket, to show you just what I am talking about. It was lots of fun to mentally take an image and see it go from the pattern stage all the way to the completed stage. The best part is it turned out just the way I pictured it! Many thanks to all who offered there opinions, and advice... I could not have done it without you!
The pattern Stage
The Finished Project
8 comments:
Becky, that is an awesome blanket!! I totally want one if I ever get another boy! Good job!!
That blanket looks really cool!!! You did an awesome job! Good job Becky!
I am so glad you finally posted pictures, I have been waiting to see what it looked like! You described it REALLY well, because it looks just like I pictured it. LOVE IT!!
I have such talented nieces... we are such a crafty family.. lol
Loved it Beck.
Awesome! I may have to steal this idea for little man and just make a twin size one, Love it!
Super cute Becky!! How much is it?! Heaven knows I only buy those (creative & cute) kind of things! :)
That blanket is soooo cool! Jennie is totally into cars right now and something like that would be perfect.
Love it!! I'm so glad you sold it, that's awesome. You will have lots of time to sew while Sophie naps, unless you're napping too:)
Post a Comment