Friday, November 6, 2009

Another Week Gone By

So this past week has just flown by for me… I am not sure why it has, it just has. I am suppose to me working on our budget right now, I need to tally up our total expenditures and then make sure everything has cleared for this month. Stewart says I have over-organized our budget way to much… to that I say, how does one do that? Just because I have several Excel documents that have: addresses of where bills need to be paid, dates we have paid our bills, the method we paid them (check or credit card), and much more, you probably don’t care to know about, does not mean I have over-organized our budget. Honestly if I were to disappear and leave him to figure out what I have done with our money… he should have no problem picking up where I left off. Anyway… sorry about that tangent, don’t know where it came from.

Stewart is at school (where else would he be), it is getting too cold for him to ride his bike to school down the hill. So I take him to school and then go to the gym. He calls me if he wants a ride home for lunch or at the end of the day. Sometimes I meet him for lunch and we eat at the school, and other times he just walks home because he enjoys the walk. This coming Sunday is our ward primary program. Stewart teaches the senior boys in primary, so he gets to get up and sing with the boys. He has done great things with that group of boys; the bishop here thinks the world of Stewart when it comes to teaching primary. The boys have all gone home and told their parents that Stewart has the best visual aids and examples with every lesson. Stewart tells me that he just takes everything out of the lesson manual. He does a great job and I am proud of him.

I am working in the nursery, last Sunday there were 5 kids and the other nursery worker never came. I had a lot of fun telling the kidos to share and not climb on the table. By the end of those two hours I was ready for a nap, and that is what I did first thing when I got home. It was nice! I do miss the adult sunday school class and relief society. I feel like I don’t get much gospel doctrine discussions with the 2 year olds. I guess I need to step up my personal studies to fill the void.

Other news this week- I lost my job… I don’t know what happened, something with the politics of the museum board members and the way I was hired. It has been a bummer deal for me, but oh well life goes on and there is something even better out there for me. I am not excited to go out looking again, working at the museum was a perfect fit for me in my mind. So here is to being jobless (again) and luck be on my side with the job hunt! Also this week Stewart has caved in and said we can buy ourselves a chest freezer! I have been telling him we need one since we got married. I think he finally understands all the money we could be saving by having one. I am stinken excited about this new breakthrough; I will let you know which one we decided to give ourselves for Christmas. Oh happy day! Other than that, I don’t think we have any other news to share, all is well here in WV, we are enjoying ourselves and learning lots. Hope you have a great week! Ciao




P.S. Thanks to everyone who left comments on our previous post or contacted us by other means. We appreciate your love and support!

2 comments:

Shayla said...

Sorry about the job loss. I am sure there is something better for you out there. Whoever hires you will be lucky! We miss you guys and think of you often! Good luck with everything!! Love your guts!!!

Camille @ Camille's Casa said...

So you can't volunteer at the museum either? That's a bummer! And hooray about the freezer! We love our little half-freezer. It's not too heavy for moving, yet it fits a lot of groceries and meals. I think we paid $175ish for it at Sears. I'm sure you could find a good used one though on craigslist or something. Hope the primary program was a success!