We have had an exciting week here in WV. First off I (Becky) finally got a job! I have not been actively searching for a job; I’ve just been keeping my eyes open and figured I would know when the perfect job showed up. Until then I have been content doing things around the town and here at home. I have been volunteering at a museum here in town, called the North House Museum for a few hours every week. One day I went to volunteer and the director asked if I was interested in working, I said yes but only part time. That was what they were looking for; she told me that she would get back to me after she had looked over her budget and talked to the board of directors. She told me later that she did not have the funds in her budget and that maybe it could work out for next year. I had no problems with that and just kept volunteering. About a month later, the director asked me again if I would like to work, and I again said yes not knowing what had changed. I guess what happened was that one of the part time employees switched her status to volunteer status and gave me her position since the money was not in the budget to have us both working. I felt bad at first like I was pushing the women out of a job but she informed me that she does not know how to use a computer and does not want to learn, so she felt it was better I started working so the computer stuff that needs to be done can get done. And so that is the story of how this perfect job just fell into my lap. They will even work around me leaving for some of the summer to visit family in Idaho (if we can get that all worked out). Blessings from Heaven!!!
Also this past weekend on Friday Stewart and I went to a corn maze with our friends the Rodebacks. The maze was in a town called Union about a half an hour away. We had a lot of fun, the maze was 10 acres. I did not think it was too hard, I have been in some that were definitely more confusing, but it was fun none the less. It took us about 45 minutes to complete the maze. After the maze we wondered the area and looked at all the fall produce they had for sale… namely pumpkins and some squash. Stewart bought a small pumpkin to carve, he plans to carve it tonight… as of current he is reading the newspaper, guess we will see if it gets done.
Becky, Mr. Pumpkin (friendly guy), and Stewart
Nativa and BeckyOur husbands did not want to do this with us, so that is why Nativa and I posed for the picture together. I think we look great! You missed out husbands.
Nativa, Derek, and Stewart... I was taking the picture
On Saturday Stewart and I went to our ward trunk or treat activity. We only found out about it in a passing conversation the night before with the Rodebacks, so we really did not have time to decorate our car. Since Stewart and I are no longer attending Priesthood or Relief Society meetings (because of our callings Primary teacher and nursery worker) we miss out on a lot of announcements that would be beneficial to know about before hand. We went anyway and socialized with the ward, and had a great time. Next year our car will be one of the cool cars that is decorated!
Stewart and Becky, wearing our costumes! We were pumpkins.
4 comments:
Congrats on the new job!! Hope you have a fun Halloween :)
Great update, but my favorite part was about coming TO IDAHO TO VISIT!!! That would be awesome, heck, I'll even buy you guys dinner if you come:) Trunk or treat sounds fun, I wish our ward would do that. Cute pumpkins!
I love the new Header! Glad to hear things are going well.
Fun times! Love your header picture....looks like a professional took it:)
Post a Comment