Friday, June 12, 2009

Emily goes to the MTC

On Wednesday June 10th, my youngest sister Emily entered the MTC. I almost did not go, but am soooo glad that I went to wish her luck. It was a bitter sweet day… mainly because it is the beginning of change for me. I don’t really enjoy change all that much, so to see Emily enter the MTC and to know that I will be in West Virginia when she gets home is kind of hard. I am not going to say I did not cry… because I did (just a little).

I am so proud of Emily… she has a great desire to serve a full time mission, and will do great in Nashville Tennessee. She already loves the people and knows this is what she needs to do at this time in her life. She will make a great missionary… she already is. Here are some pictures from are trip to Utah, enjoy:
THE NIGHT BEFORE
This is a picture of my Uncle and Aunt (Dan and Janice Hegerhorst) and my sister Emily. My Uncle and Aunt are in the MTC right now, preparing to go to Uruguay on a mission as well. What a neat experience for Emily to be with them in the MTC at the same time.

Janice eating a snail... I posted this picture mainly for my cousins: Jessica, Mitch and Christina to enjoy. Your parents are so excited, and are using as much Spanish as they can in their sentences.
THE BIG DAY
Traditional Missionary pictures of our Hegerhorst missionaries

Mark(Dad), Marla (Mom), Sister Emily Hegerhorst, Katie, and me (Becky)

Sister Emily Hegerhorst... she is so cute!

P.S. If anyone is interested in reading some of her emails or looking at some pictures she sends us I started a blog in her behalf. You can find the link just to the left of this post; I will do my best to update it as much as possible.
.....~.....~.....~.....~.....~.....~.....~.....~.....~.....~.....
PP.S. Not to detract from Sister Emily Hegerhorst but my other sister, Sister Margie Hegerhorst… comes home from Chile (her mission) in just 10 days!!!! Can’t wait!

5 comments:

Michael and Julie said...

i'm so excited for her! i must say that the TNM mission is by far the greatest - however i may or may not be bias! :)

Dannel and Rhett said...

How excitiing for her. I LOVE doing missionary work!! And your blog is lookin fun. Pretty soon I'll be blogging about my trip to Australia...yeah. don't be too jealous :)! hehe :)

Kasi Lee said...

I am so glad you gals are all serving missions! You are leaving a great legacy for future family!

Yea said...

Becky, are you Aunt and Uncle going to the Montevideo Mission? My sister-in-law is down there right now, just hitting her 9 months and the mission President is changing too. I'm sure they'll meet. I'm glad I found your blog, it's good to hear how you guys are doing.

Love ya Sista'

Dan and Janice Hegerhorst said...

Becky, That snail picture should be burned! It was good to see the others though. Margie looks so good! I bet it was a fun reunion. It was good to see you all in Provo.