Tuesday, August 5, 2008

What a GREAT Weekend

This past weekend Stewart and I did not have any plans…. I LOVED IT! It seems that for this whole summer we have been gone every weekend doing something with someone. It was a nice change of pace to finally just stay home and do whatever. So what did we do this past weekend you ask? Well Friday night Stewart and I went out to dinner at Chili's, the service was great and we the wait time was surprisingly short… even for our food.

Saturday, I woke up feeling ambitious and full of energy so Stewart and I went Wogging (that’s a cross between walking and jogging), and then I did what I have been meaning to do now since April….. I made 8 loafs of homemade Honey Wheat Bread. I am proud to say that they turned out scrumptious. While making bread Stewart and I learned a very valuable lesson… what’s that, you want to know ok let me tell you. Stewart and I needed some wheat flour to make our bread so we got out our wheat grinder and did so, after that we decided that since our grinder was out we wanted to grind our Flax Seed, no big deal right? WRONG!!! After just a few minutes of grinding the flax Seed, our grinder stopped. Of course, I got out the user guide to read how to fix my grinder, that’s when I saw the note (on the back mind you) stating this phrase: THINGS YOU SHOULD NEVER GRIND! Yep, you guessed it flax Seed was on that list. Oh well, lesson learned the hard way. We did get our grinder up and working again after we cleaned it out. Fun times! The rest of the day was spent cleaning our home and for me SCRAPBOOKING!!! Stewart had to work so he drove around town in a bus all day.

Sunday, Stewart and I spent the morning relaxing and enjoying our time together. I will be sad when school starts because homework and other things will occupy his time more than his me. Oh well enjoy the good times when they are here and remember them when the pressures of school are on. Anyway, at 10:30am Stewart headed off to his church meetings and then I followed at 12:00pm. After church we just chilled at our house doing whatever we wanted… I of course scrapbooked more! It was a great weekend and I was honestly so sad to see it slip by so fast. Oh well, here’s hoping I make it to the next one. Bye!

1 comment:

Muffin said...

Thanks for the birthday wish. I wish I had known about your blog earlier and I would have wished you a happy birthday then. But happy belated birthday.I remember thinking about you that day. Isn't it fun to just do nothing on saturdays. Have another great weekend.